Book signing at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture on September 1, 2016. Photo: William Farrington.
Special Journal Issue
- “‘[F]or the Rights of Dark People in Every Part of the World’: Pearl Sherrod, Black Internationalist Feminism, and Afro-Asian Politics during the 1930s,” Souls: A Critical Journal of Black Politics, Culture, and Society, Vol. 17, Nos. 1-2 (June 2015): 90-112. [click here to download]
- “‘We Want to Set the World on Fire’: Black Nationalist Women and Diasporic Politics in the New Negro World, 1940-1944,” The Journal of Social History, Vol. 49, No. 1 (Fall 2015): 194-212. [click here to download]
- “‘Confraternity Among All Dark Races’: Mittie Maude Lena Gordon and the Practice of Black (Inter)nationalism in Chicago, 1932-1942,” Palimpsest: A Journal on Women, Gender, and the Black International, Vol. 5, Issue 2 (Fall 2016): 151-181. [click here to download]
- “’To Keep Alive the Teaching of Garvey and the Work of the UNIA’: Audley Moore, Black Women’s Activism, and Nationalist Politics during the Twentieth Century,”Palimpsest: A Journal on Women, Gender, and the Black International (Summer 2018).
- “‘We Will Overcome’: Black Women’s Organizing Against Police Violence in New York City in the 1980s,” Souls: A Critical Journal of Black Politics, Culture, and Society (Spring 2019).
Click here to view samples of my public writings.